American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Analyst, Profit & Loss Forecasting and Analytics
The Profit & Loss (P&L) forecasting and analytics team within Risk Finance helps coordinate the semi-annual stress testing process in partnership with Treasury. Company’s annual capital submission is executed and submitted to the Federal Reserve Board (FRB) in the first quarter as part of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR).
This role will contribute to the development of financial projections for the Company as part of scenario planning / stress testing processes which support the Company’s capital plan development. The incumbent Senior Financial Analyst will be provided significant developmental opportunities, including:
- Understanding of capital management and how capital is impacted by various macro environments and company-led strategic actions
- Understanding of regulatory environment and Bank Holding Company implications.
- Strong understanding of external (economic) and internal (key metrics) drivers of Company’s P&L
- Developing a broad network of colleagues across multiple disciplines (Treasury, Risk, Corporate Planning, Tax etc.)
- Experience supporting Company’s senior leaders, including Board of Directors, Asset Liability Committee (ALCO), Treasurer, SVP of Corporate Planning, and CFO
- Insight into emerging industry trends
- Enhance and maintain Excel models used to forecast and consolidate data used in CCAR
- Develop presentations used to communicate CCAR projections to senior leaders, Board, and regulators
- Validate macroeconomic scenarios and support the internal review of macroeconomic variables used in modeling
- Develop financial projections across different macroeconomic environments
- Support the development and implementation an automated solution for forecasting using enterprise systems such as TM1
- Contribute to the team’s data governance, documentation, and process and controls efforts
- Support Subsidiary Bank (AENB) in stress test process
- Strong Excel skills, including modeling large amounts of data while maintaining strict controls on data quality
- Strong PowerPoint skills and the ability to create impactful presentations for Senior Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated individual with an ability to drive results and work with ambiguity
- Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written and through presentations
- Knowledge of card business model and economics preferred
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time