American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
VP Technology - Digital Workplace
- Key components of Digital Workplace (e.g. workplace platforms, mobile, social, collaboration, servicing, etc.) aligned to the global Digital Workplace strategy
- Infrastructure Operations functions (e.g. ITIL functions, DevOps, Enterprise Incident Management, Operational tools) aligned to the global head of Infrastructure Operations
- App Infrastructure (e.g. converged infrastructure, cloud, mainframe) aligned to the global heads of these respective products
- This requires good collaboration with a variety of technology product and service owners as well as a strong understanding of the technology tools, agile delivery and process management while leading deep technical talent who support the tools and services required for a highly efficient and successful workforce.
- This person will have to build and maintain relationships with business unit senior leadership in order to set expectations to deliver capabilities that satisfy the business requirements most important for success.
- The individual will also have to be a strong advocate for the needs in the market as well as and evangelist for the charter of the Global Infrastructure (GI) organization in the market
- This is a high visibility and important market for the Digital Workplace and broader American Express organization, which is chartered to improve productivity and advance the overall employee digital experience, positioning the company well for an expanding and agile workforce.
- Responsible for Service Delivery Management functions in the USA, Canada and LAC markets
- Lead the EUC innovation and development practices for the region
- Maintain strong collaboration with local business leadership and provide consistent advocacy for their market requirements
- Participate evolving and driving Digital Workplace tools and services strategy
- Provide consultation and support for all Digital Workplace initiatives in market and be an evangelist for technology
- Responsible for end user engagement/feedback/escalations on behalf of Digital Workplace (customer satisfaction, net promoter, etc.)
- Serve as executive liaison for the support functions in the region
- Provide local executive oversight for extended technology services (network, voice, application support, etc.)
- Provide oversight to local vendor relationships
- Provide leadership in talent management, career development, acquisition and growth in market
- Strong technical acumen in end user computing on both consumer and enterprise fronts with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong technology operations experience including Service Desk and Technical Support functions
- Strong working knowledge of technology vendors and ISV’s that provide products and services related to Digital Workplace
- Experience with technology solutions for both the knowledge worker and call center environments
- Ability to deliver complete/compliant/world class capabilities to employees
- Knowledge of Digital Workplace tools and deployments including the adoption methodologies required for large global enterprise environments
- Strong infrastructure skills, specifically in distributed systems (Windows, Mac OS), networks, and storage.
- Strong enterprise-scale experience with communications (telecom, VoIP, SIP), collaboration (conferencing, chat, social, video) and productivity tools (Web, document management, search).
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully on global large-scale projects in highly matrix environments
- Ability and confidence to lead and influence at senior levels across American Express Technology and the Business
- Ability to provide a strong leadership presence on campus and strong followership amongst the technology community
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong decision- making, prioritization, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of Global budget management and market finance
- Strong program management skills and understanding of Agile methodology
- Ability to lead and drive results in direct and situational scenarios.
- Strong ability to develop future leaders and attract talent.
- Ability to deliver and manage solutions at enterprise scale.
- Strong team management skills (e.g., planning, budgetary control, people management, vendor management, etc.)
- Strong ability to drive consensus and make decisions based on best interest of company.
- College degree required; technical degree preferred.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time