American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds from software source code
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
- Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- The team has varying skill sets and the ability to lead when asked or follow when asked is crucial to facilitate team harmony.
- Position is unique in nature and requires more than just the ability to code. Ability to communicate with non-technical peers is critical. If you can’t convey it, it doesn’t exist. Individual should be able to think with breadth while always keeping the bigger picture in mind
- Incumbent should have a versatile approach to problem solving: knowing when they have an answer and knowing when they don't.
- Software craftsmanship should be a top priority, as should the ability to "get things done.” We want someone with passion who enjoys solving problems
- 2+ years non-scholastic C# development experience (unit testing, troubleshooting via logs, UI/backend, threading, OOAD, DI/IoC, etc…)
- 2+ years hands on WPF/SL or ASP.NET MVC experience
- 2+ years hands on SQL experience (stored procedures, functions, batch jobs, etc…)
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Understanding of product delivery life-cycle; version control/versioning
- Strong communication skills; ability to support multiple concurrent activities and interface with people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Effective team player; well-developed analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- Experience with WPF is a plus
- Experience with Rally and HP ALM is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time