This is a great opportunity for a highly-motivated Director to own a portfolio of U.S. and Canadian bank partners; this would include 4 bank partners on the Global Network Partnerships (GNP) North America Team.
This position will be responsible for the overall bank issuing relationship and will manage the day-to-day partner relationship as well as develop strategic initiatives to increase penetration and share. The Director will focus on optimizing existing customer spend and developing/launching new products, best in class marketing initiatives, as well as identifying new opportunities to grow partnerships and negotiating contract terms as needed. This person will work closely with cross-functional teams across both American Express and partner banks and has one Manager as a direct report.
Specifically this position will be responsible for the following activities:
Serve as the primary contact for card issuing partnerships on all aspects of the American Express relationship to ensure American Express is the preferred partner and network of choice.
- Marketing/New Product Development
Work closely with the partner and GNP support teams, including marketing and operations, to launch new products with a focus on delivering outstanding card value propositions that will drive NCA, deliver high spending Cardmembers onto the American express network and deliver market share growth for American Express.
Day-to-day management and portfolio ownership to identify opportunities to grow billings and/or improve portfolio margins. Responsible for identifying potential opportunities and gaining buy in of bank partner to implement recommendations.
Ensure that account is on track to deliver Billings, PTI and Revenue targets. Ownership and responsibility for developing contingency plans to close gaps and identify growth opportunities.
Partner with bank card teams and internal American Express co-brand sales team to develop new opportunities for the American Express network. Must be able to articulate and sell the American Express network value story.
Unique Knowledge / Skills
- Strong relationship management skills to deepen and grow the partnerships at all levels of issuing banks’ organization to deliver long term growth. Ability to influence to promote products, services and ideas to partners and across functions is key.
- Proven track record in sales, partnerships and business development. Previous negotiation experience required.
- Understanding of card issuing and new product development
- Self-starter. Ability to drive results through others in large challenging and complex organizations. Resilience in a challenging sales environment.
- Highly analytical, with the entrepreneurial capacity and financial acumen to meet all key financial and business driver targets.
- Strong project management and execution skills to manage complex projects end to end.
- Ability to project the Blue Box in a professional manner with external partners.
- A strong leader who can inspire and develop talent.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and fun person with a track record that demonstrates ability to drive results and execute.
- MBA and/or advanced degree is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time