American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The mission of Global Network Business (GNB) is to power safe and easy commerce for and through the members of the American Express community. At its core, GNB is responsible for running the company’s core transaction processing platform, to develop and enable products and capabilities for the American Express Global Network (AEGN).
The Network Settlement Solutions team within GNB is responsible for managing financial settlements and contractual fees, moving funds between American Express (AXP) and GNS and ATM partners. The GNB Network Settlement Solutions Team delivers an exceptional settlement experience to our GNS and Business Partners. The team is a highly respected operational team that works closely with multiple business partners in the fast pace world of payments.
This role within the Contractual Fee Team is to ensure that American Express accurately calculates and collects revenues from GNS Partners in line with Contractual terms.
The role includes the following:
- Ensure complex contractual terms are accurately calculated on Contractual Fee Templates and provide feedback to Leader’s resource requirements to perform the task.
- Manage relationships with regional teams including BDL’s, Operations Managers (PRM’s), and Finance, ensuring that all Contractual Fee Templates are accurate and comply with specified requirements.
- Monitor Contractual Fee Schedules against contractual terms, validate for accuracy and completeness on all entries raised by other team members, and approve within Amex systems, whilst also managing any corrective process.
- Perform monthly calculations against Contractual Fee Templates, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness, ensuring the GNS Partner is charged in line with their Commercial Terms. Advise Business Development Leader on any inaccurate or late reporting submissions.
- Action monthly revenue accounting reclassifications, ensuring that correct revenue/expense is booked to correct Legal Entities and accounting lines.
- Perform accurate monthly P&L accounting check against revenue ledgers. Request appropriate accrual for late submissions and managing related queries effectively
- Control and manage the Fee Assessment platform, for the NSS department, controlling month closure and executing required reporting.
- Provide support across team at peak times.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Highly analytical with ability to identify the root cause of problems and highlight process improvement opportunities.
- Strong financial acumen with an intuitive nature
- Ability to review and identify differences in trends
- Proven strength in managing deep on-going relationships with GNS and Business Partners
- Strong verbal and written communicator with a high level of customer focus
- Effective time management and able to work within strict monthly deadlines
- Vigilance to ensure no control gaps exist which could cause brand damage or financial exposure
- Highly developed attention to detail to ensure no errors occur
- Working knowledge of Oracle JE Accounting process
- Computer literate (Word, Excel). Experience of Fee Assessment platform is desirable.
- Experience in a financial related function preferred
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time