American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Global Dollar Card (GDC) Business Development Manager
Global Currency Solutions (GCS) is a diversified global business, providing USD / EUR solutions to customers in over 150+ Countries. GCS is specifically responsible for managing a suite of USD/EURO Corporate Payment solutions designed to help Clients Manage their end to end International Payments needs incorporating payments to suppliers overseas, trade finance solutions and also the Travel & Entertainment expenses of International Subsidiaries.
The role is a Key Senior Band 35 role that is responsible for leading the International Payments Strategy in Singapore where the product and corresponding end to end International Payments solutions are experiencing significant growth levels.
The Role of the Global Dollar Card (GDC) Business Development Manager requires an innovative driven self-starter who can work autonomously, report globally, and partner with Leaders and key internal stakeholders to develop/execute strategies aimed at capturing International Trade Volumes within the Singapore Market.
The role will be responsible for working with all segments of the established local Sales and Account Development Teams to design International Payments & bespoke Trade Finance solutions using the suite of Products available. The person will help design a sales methodology and processes to educate and encourage local Sales teams to sell the joint offering of traditional International Payments & Trade Finance solutions.
This role is also accountable for driving the International Payments Sales & Account Development pipeline, supporting the market General Manager & Key leadership groups in developing solutions to help the field to identify, progress & win new GDC business. In this role, you will also actively work with our Merchant Services business to expand acceptance of selected suppliers, drive commodity opportunities and close coverage gaps for USD spend opportunities.
Several Key Sales enablement tools have also been delivered by Global Currency Solutions in JAPA with the end goal of ensuring our multiple Partner Channels are enabled and equipped to successfully drive volumes and growth. The successful candidate will have to drive continual growth and improvement by actively promoting and reinforcing the following Field Enablement Tools; GCS Centre Of Excellence, Supplier Matching Tool, Best Practise Academy and also GDC system access tools.
This role will also serve as subject matter expert on International Payments and Trade Payable Solutions for the Sales & Account development channels supporting the field team to facilitate the end-to-end deal process including all aspects of 'deal construct' including merchant enablement, value proposition & proposal support.
The person will also drive Field enablement and best practice sharing, including joint client meetings, product training & refresher sessions, as well as support the field with product resourcing & value proposition guides. In addition there are a number of key go to market initiatives that the role will also be responsible for delivering.
These are high profile projects that require the ability to work across different business units in a collaborative manner to drive outcomes and results. Specifically these projects include leading a GCS/Foreign Exchange International Payments (FXIP) multidisciplinary project.. The Project is focused on delivering strong sales results through influencing the Foreign Exchange (FX) Team and ensuring they are equipped and positioning GDC in conjunction with FXIP Classic.
• Have the ability to Lead the international Payments strategy in Singapore and ensure that significant exposure and importance is provided to this strategy by influencing the Local Leaders and Team. By doing this you will be seen as a major influencer and member of the Singapore Leadership Team. The candidate must possess a strategic and innovative mindset with ability to Partner with multiple partners to drive growth
• Be comfortable in influencing multiple Sales and Account Development Teams in an indirect selling environment.
• Possess a strong Knowledge & experience in the International Trade Space within the Singapore Market
• Have a good understanding and experience in Trade Finance and Foreign Exchange
• Have a good understanding of Customer Procurement processes
• Possess outstanding quantitative, financial, research and problem-solving skills
• Be strong in your presentation, project management and communication skills
• Possess an enhanced ability to build relationships and influence others across all levels in a matrixed organization
• Have the ability to work in a fast paced demanding role with several different projects as well as day to day deliverables that are expected.
• Be part of a close team and have the ability to Partner effectively with this Team in a very cohesive and constructive way.
• Possess superior verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to leverage these to solve day to day escalations as well as drive key stakeholders and projects forward.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore five times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time