American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- 3+ years of software engineering experience.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated substantial experience with object oriented software design and programming using languages like Java or C#. GoLang experience a plus.
- Experience with open source microservice frameworks such as Dropwizard or Spring Boot.
- Experience with various relational and NoSQL databases, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Couchbase, and Redis. Knowledge of Apache Cassandra is a plus.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs for high volume clients.
- Experience developing high volume systems with Apache Kafka a plus.
- Experience with Agile or other iterative development methodologies.
- Experience with Jenkins and other continuous build and integration toolsets.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks, like Karate a plus.
- Experience with Git.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Experience with container technology, such as Docker, a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (Stash, JIRA, Confluence, etc.), a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time