American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
This Temporary Position has primary responsibility for providing a full range of investigative and administrative support for the Global Security Investigations Team in Toronto. In addition, this position provides critical back up support in the area of office management, as well as handles routine investigative case referrals and the coordination of case information with local law enforcement and other agencies.
The responsibilities include:
• Handling internal and external inbound telephone calls from law enforcement, merchants, cardholders and other business constituents.
• Responsible for assessing the nature of the calls and making decisions on how best the calls should be handled.
• Responsible for other duties relative to investigations and administration to include case input, data analysis and other tasks to support the goals of the department.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Previous related experience is required; ideal candidates will have at least 2 years in security or investigative work.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office
• Incumbents must possess a strong comfort level with information systems to access and retrieve data.
• Well developed interpersonal skills
• Strong MS Word and writing skills required.
• Bilingual an asset.
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it.