American Express Careers
Sr. Manager, Financial Intelligance Unit - Inventory Forecast Team
American Express’s Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), within Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC), provides end-to-end support and oversight of global financial crimes investigations. In conjunction with GFCC partners, the FIU develops and implements automated transaction monitoring rules, reports, and other processes designed to identify activity potentially indicative of criminal behavior. The FIU also investigates potentially suspicious financial activity and, when appropriate, files suspicious activity reports (SARs) with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), which is part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, and/or refers matters to internal compliance partners for review and reporting globally. In addition, the FIU manages risk associated with politically exposed persons and persons and entities on core sanctions and risk lists through regular screening, and also manages risk associated with improper payments that could be indicative of bribery, corruption, or other illicit activity by reviewing internal American Express payments and expenditures. The FIU performs a critical role in ensuring that American Express complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA PATRIOT Act, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and provides law enforcement with key information for the investigation and prosecution of money laundering and terrorist financing, credit card fraud, identity theft, and other criminal activity.
The successful candidate will support the enterprise by overseeing the day-to-day operations of the FIU with a particular focus on identifying and managing issues related to inventory management of the various investigative processes managed by the FIU. He/she will lead a team and work to develop and execute inventory management strategies across all sites, which includes engaging in forecasting and trending analysis and working with metrics-based reporting to effectively analyze various indicators, including alert volumes, alert aging, resources, and productivity rates, among others. In addition, he/she will assist with project management and identifying efficiencies to enhance the investigative process, which will include strategizing with various teams within the FIU as well as technology teams supporting the various investigative processes. It is critical that the successful candidate build strong relationships with strategic partners across the unit to ensure effective coordination and alignment of key initiatives.
- Developing and executing alert inventory management strategies
- Enhancing forecasting methodologies, capacity assessment processes, and hiring/attrition trending analysis
- Facilitating alignment between operational and investigative teams within the FIU
- Providing guidance on striking a balance between quality and efficiency to satisfy regulatory expectations
- Collaborating with the Program Oversight team to understand changes to the FIU’s program (including new processes, projects and alert volumes)
- Identifying and escalating operational issues to FIU leadership
- Evaluating the program for efficiencies and taking the lead on projects aimed at implementing those efficiencies
- 5+ years of work experience/leading teams in any of the following areas is required: complex data analysis and reporting, operations forecasting/inventory management, BSA-AML compliance, general compliance, operations, and/or audit
- Experience in operational oversight strongly preferred
- Deep experience with leading teams of people with diverse functions across multiple sites
- Ability to motivate, engage, manage and develop a high performing team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with proven ability to translate findings into impactful communications and presentations to senior leadership
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships across multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and follow through on multiple projects with varying milestones and deadlines
- Extensive knowledge of American Express products, services, and internal platforms
- Experience working with large sets of data; proficiency in SQL (Microsoft, Sybase, Teradata) is a plus
- People leadership, workforce planning experience, and working knowledge of Micro Strategy reporting database is preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time