American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer - Front End
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering
- 10 years of Java, Web development work experience
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Expertise with Java/J2EE, and Spring
- Expertise with building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time