American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Cloud xPaaS Engineering - Senior Engineer
· As a Senior Engineer your role will have an emphasis on building highly available Cloud Services that will be consumed by applications running in our Private Cloud based PaaS environment.
· With your Deep understanding of Linux, clustering and networking, you will have an emphasis on building highly available and scalable services using Open Sourced products.
· Becoming a subject matter expert of two or more of the following; Redis, Elastic, Cassandra or NGINX
· Having hands-on experience on Linux environments and virtualization/containerized environments for troubleshooting Linux environments.
· Developing a Deep understanding of Cloud Principles and container based platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, and Redhat Openshift to support our customer’s use of Cloud Services.
· Working with distributed log analytics like Splunk and ELK.
· Using hands-on experience of and automation tool-chain, preferably puppet or ansible.
· Building scripts using Linux scripting and/or Python.
Are you up for the challenge?
· Overall 10+ years of Technology industry experience with 5-7 Years of relevant engineering experience
· Demonstrated professional expertise in a large Fortune 100 company running an IT Production Operation at scale including Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and deployment of highly available Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)
· Experience working within an Agile managed team for rapid and continuous development of work products
· Highly experienced in Linux functionalities/features and system administration
· Strong knowledge of virtualization management in OpenStack and RHEV
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
· Passion for learning new technologies, particularly in the cloud computing infrastructure area.
Cloud management and administration • Hybrid cloud integration • Proven diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service restoration skills. • Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills • Strong English communication skills with the ability to work with customers in critical outage situations. • Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time