The email channel team is looking for a Product Owner to manage and develop American Express’ global e-mail marketing platforms. This person will specifically be focused on:
- Delivering scalable solutions to support marketing & servicing objectives across the business
- Maintaining control and compliance across the delivery of all data files to internal and external recipient systems
- Vendor management and definition of the technical integration with our ESP of record for the US
- E2E process alignment and inflight campaign support in close partnership with operations, eligibility and arbitration teams and our partner Email Experience team
- Globalizing email products and campaign capabilities across the US and all Intl markets
The email channel team sits in the Push Channels VP team under the Enterprise Digital Membership Experience (EDME) organization. EDME aims to deliver differentiated digital experiences for our Card Members through the web, mobile and push communication channels.
EDME supports the wider Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) global enterprise team. EDA works closely with colleagues across the Blue Box to drive growth, margin expansion, to stand out in the marketplace and to accelerate our digital strategy forward. The team develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
This opportunity is for a confident product owner to lead the Core email channel product strategy and enablement of our Email Communications Platform, as well as its integration with external vendor ESPs. You will lead a 10 person engineering scrum team, define email types and marketing suppressions, and ensure high levels of controls and compliance are in place across the process, while building and scaling the capabilities to deliver relevant, innovative, and seamless email experiences globally.
You will partner directly with stakeholders across product, operations, upstream and downstream email product owners, marketers and engineering to create and clearly articulate your product vision. You will prioritize between B2B, B2C, compliance, Enterprise and email channel driven initiatives to optimize operational efficiency of a de-centralized enterprise marketing ecosystem and deliver measurable results for the channel.
This will be a great fit for digital enthusiasts with niche blended interest and experience in Marketing, Technology, and Product Management.
This role is perfect for you if you have:
- Passion for creating best in class products and customer experiences
- Experience and confidence in product management or product ownership with proven track record of defining and delivering a product roadmap
- Good understanding of the technical architecture that drives digital experiences and supports scalable applications including APIs, databases, and platforms
- Experience working with software developers, engineers, architects, privacy, compliance and marketers in an agile environment
- The ability to translate product requirements succinctly and explain technical concepts to a wide audience of users
- Relevant experience in Digital Marketing
Knowledge of email platforms, email service providers, arbitration methods, email best practice, email marketing, marketing clouds, vendor management, marketing automation a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time