American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Analyst - Strategy, Planning and Development
From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world.
Global Merchant Services (GMS) is the merchant acquirer, processor and marketing partner for the millions of merchants around the world who accept American Express Cards.
The Strategy Planning & Development (SP&D) Analyst is an integral part of the Global Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) SP&D team that supports the performance and analysis for the GMS business across the JAPA region at American Express.
The SP&D Senior Analyst will play a critical role in supporting GMS reporting needs through the development of data analysis, accurate tracking and processes, & will play a key role in SP&D’s annual planning, forecasting & target setting activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of the Merchant business and to learn the nuances of supporting a regional team with varying needs across the region & globe.
This Senior Analyst should have a strong technical, analytical and process-oriented mindset, should be comfortable collaborating with internal customers, and should be able to demonstrate thought leadership while performing job responsibilities.
- Support the Reporting and Analytics Manager in managing the monthly production of BAU and ad hoc reports with support from SABE/COE in India, ensuring 100% data accuracy of output, and overseeing the maintenance of backend datasets.
- Undertake in-depth analysis of key business performance metrics, highlighting trends and variances against targets and identifying implications and opportunities for the business.
- Supporting periodic deliverables such as Modeling, reporting & analysis, annual planning, forecasting, target setting & scorecard processes.
- Support on-going projects and initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to enrich existing reports, streamline reporting processes, and produce new content/analytics, in partnership with global and regional stakeholders.
- Partner and align with various teams including other regional SP&D Teams, GMAR, Finance, Technologies and other GMS teams to ensure consistent definitions, data sources, methodologies, results, reporting, timelines and implementation of key initiatives.
- Identify and implement opportunities to leverage Amex systems and databases including RAMP, GMAR, Cornerstone & Tableau to provide reporting and analytical data and insights to address key business needs.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests, with high quality and timely response.
As an integral member of the JAPA Strategy Planning and Development Team you will be expected to work in a highly dynamic environment and demonstrate the flexibility to adapt and respond to changing business needs and priorities. You will also have a high appreciation for detail coupled with a focus on delivery excellence.
Technically, your advanced Excel, Powerpoint, SAS Enterprise Guide, and Database skills will be essential to your success in this role. Ideally you will also have a knowledge of Python, Hive, Terminal, Datameer & R as well as RAMP and Global Merchant Warehouse/GMAR, however these are not essential.
In return we will help you achieve your goals through the support of team members both locally and offshore as well as by providing you with the opportunity to upskill in preparation for next level roles within SP&D and within American Express.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time