American Express Careers
Customer Care - Travel Contact Centre
Do you want to be involved in the fastest growing area of American Express Travel and Lifestyle Services?
Do international airfares, foreign destinations and 5 star products float your boat?
Do you delight in providing solutions for clients who need your assistance?
From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world.
The digital on-line space is a key and evolving trend in the travel industry. You could be an integral player by joining the Travel Online customer support team. We are looking for Customer Care Agents to join the expanding team of the American Express Online in the Auckland office supporting New Zealand and Australian Card members.
As part of the Travel team, you will have access to some industry leading benefits:
- Work free birthday!
- A supportive team, service oriented environment.
- Subsidised gym memberships and discounted travels.
- Personal card - terms and conditions apply
- Superannuation Scheme
- Southern Cross Health Plan
This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our valued Cardmembers needing assistance with their Online travel bookings.
Some responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Answering customer queries via phone, email and chat
- Supporting pre booking requests including online journey support, pricing and travel benefit eligibility enquiries.
- Actioning post booking requests including seating, room enquiries, amendments and cancellations requests.
- Provision of advice and recommendations to Cardmembers to ensure they maximize their benefits.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as travel suppliers and other American Express business units and departments
The passionate people we are looking for will have:
- Proven customer service experience in a call centre environment.
- The ability to build and leverage relationships.
- Exceptional listening skills
- Experience resolving issues – ability to problem solve, be resourceful and offer alternative solutions
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be able to work between 11am - 8pm. Possible weekend work in future.
Most importantly we are looking for:
- A willingness to learn.
- An ability to adapt communication style to the audience, communicate confidently, and be accurate.
- An ability to adapt to change.
- A passion for service.
Our focus is being the world’s most respected service brand. To that end, we are looking at recruiting people with extraordinary customer service skills who are excited about joining the travel industry. We do not expect you to have travel experience but do want to speak to people who are passionate about travel. We will fully train you on everything you need to know to use our technical travel systems.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time