American Express Careers
Customer Care Professional – Point of Sale (POS) Analyst - German Speaking
You’ll delight your customers with unforgettable and unexpected experiences.
As part of Partner and Technical Servicing, the Terminal Enablement Team are responsible for driving card acceptance through the initialisation of Merchant Point of Sale terminals for the UK, German and Austrian merchants. In order to achieve this, you will be making outbound calls to our network of new Merchants, setting up and maintaining terminals and troubleshooting terminal issues for existing Merchants located in Germany and Austria.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Managing daily case inventory to exceed Case Resolution Time targets to benefit both the business area and the Merchant.
- Preparing for an outbound call by completing terminal status checks on internal platforms (GAN, MCC) to identify cause of errors and through direct contact with the terminal provider/partner bank.
- Setting up and maintaining terminal profiles within Amex platforms.
- Working with the Merchant to perform diagnostics on POS Terminals in accordance with the steps required for the type of terminal the Merchant owns. The required outcome of these calls is to ensure the Merchant can accept the American Express Card.
- You will also be required to liaise with our Partners/Terminal Owners in order to resolve various POS issues.
- As well as resolving Technical issues, the successful candidate will be able to reinforce the American Express Premium Value Proposition, enforcing the mutually beneficial relationship with our Merchants, adding value in each interaction by highlighting competitive pricing and speed of pay structure, and ensuring our Merchants understand the value of acceptance. Candidate success will be measured via Voice of the Customer metrics.
- You will also be dealing with escalations from Internal Customers, via calls that have been received into our Telephone Service Centre or via Sales/CLM teams.
- Continuous process improvement by identifying and driving down bad demand/increasing initialisation rates.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they have the following essential core skills:
- Ability to utilise multiple tools in a Technical servicing environment.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Experience in a Servicing/Customer Service environment.
- Proven ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Must be fluent in German, written and spoken.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time