The email channel team is looking for a Product Owner to manage and develop American Express’ global e-mail marketing platforms. This person will specifically be focused on:
- the real-time display of data in email
- enabling enrolment experiences in email
- creating deep-linked and pre-authenticated experiences into the app and web from email
The email channel team sits in the Push Channels VP team under the Enterprise Digital Membership Experience (EDME) organization. EDME aims to deliver differentiated digital experiences for our Card Members through the web, mobile and push communication channels.
EDME supports the wider Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) global enterprise team. EDA works closely with colleagues across the Blue Box to drive growth, margin expansion, to stand out in the marketplace and to accelerate our digital strategy forward. The team develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
This opportunity will be for a confident product owner. You will manage two products that enable real-time individualization and allow for recipient decision making and enrolments in email. You will lead the global partnership and integration with Movable Ink. You will manage an 11 person scrum team.
You will be responsible for the technical development, product strategy and ensuring operational processes are in place to enable full use of the capabilities.
You will partner directly with stakeholders across product, operations, upstream and downstream email product owners, marketers and engineering to create and clearly articulate your product visions, set prioritization expectations and deliver measurable results for the channel.
These capabilities are currently used widely in US marketing campaigns with a light footprint across International countries and other business units, near term initiatives are setting the foundation for wider global expansion which you will lead.
This role is perfect for you if you have:
- Passion for creating best in class products and customer experiences
- Experience and confidence in product management or product ownership with proven track record of defining and delivering a product roadmap
- Good understanding of the technical architecture that drives digital experiences and supports scalable applications including APIs, databases, and platforms
- Experience working with software developers, engineers, architects and marketers
- The ability to translate product requirements succinctly and explain technical concepts to a wide audience of users
Knowledge of email platforms, SFMC, Cheetah Digital, Movable Ink, Sunday Sky, Live Intent etc a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time