American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager - Finance
Global Service Network within the Global Services Group provides American Express' renowned brand of customer service to consumers, merchants, and corporations. The Manager of Finance, GSG, is a decision support role within the Business CFO team that will be focused on driving business analytics within MAPS: Merchant Services, Manufacturing & Automation, Amex Assurance, and Personal Savings. The incumbent will interact frequently with local operations leadership. Leading and developing a team of one analyst, this role will provide comprehensive financial support with a focus on decision support analytics for key servicing strategies.
- Provide value-added decision support to the business partners with a pro-active approach to assessing investment proposals and operational trends.
- Partner with business teams to address key business issues, particularly centering on contract negotiations, as well as ongoing business transformation and reengineering opportunities.
- Lead planning, forecasting and results analysis for these functions, with a focus on tight management of risks and opportunities to enable delivery against aggressive targets.
- Collaborate with other finance teams including: GSG HQ Finance, Business Planning, Controllership, and the DSCOE to ensure holistic success of the overall finance organization.
- Incumbent will have significant interaction with senior leadership and therefore must possess outstanding relationship, communication, and influencing skills.
- Exemplary people leadership skills. Ability to lead, develop, and inspire others through coaching, feedback, recognition, and encouragement.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask while meeting tight deadlines
- Successful track record working across multiple disciplines including decision support, forecasting, monthly results analysis, and investment analysis.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field. MBA and/or CPA a plus.
- SQL programming /IDN/Cornerstone experience a plus
- This role is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time