American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scrum Master - Global Infrastructure Services
Enables Product Engineering team productivity and agility by leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts and principles where appropriate.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from past experience
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps.
- Uses their technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution
- Influence through effective change and leadership management.
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate escalation and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making, and to build trust.
- Works in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to create and prioritize the product backlog
- Responsible for tracking iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met
- Coaches teams to adopt the AET SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively encourage teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- PMI Agile Certification a plus
- Ability to influence without authority and gain alignment
- Ability to facilitate focused discussions to gain consensus
- Ability to steer and deliver communications to all levels of leadership
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of the delivery team
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily, storage related preferred
- Strong servant-leadership skills
- Understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing best practices
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Technical Acumen
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Continuous Improvement
- Servant Leadership
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time