American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Compliance Program - Analyst
Job scope / responsibilities include:
Assist in all aspects of the enhancement and implementation of the Compliance Program including:
- Partner with the General Counsel’s Office, Line Of Business Compliance Officers, Risk and other key stakeholders to efficiently and effectively drive the enhancements and implementation of Global Legal Inventory Program
- Work with third party consultants and/or outside counsel to compile and organize legal obligations that relate to American Express’ U.S. and international businesses and map legal obligations to products/services and legal entities
- Draft communication material and presentations for internal stakeholders, audit, and regulatory agencies, as appropriate
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in systems support to maintain and enhance Global Legal Inventory database and Compliance Change Management tools
- Assist in all aspects of the long-term updating and maintenance of the enhanced Global Legal Inventory Program, including:
- Review new and updated legal obligations and confirm that the legal obligations relate to American Express’ U.S. and international businesses
- Ensure that these new and updated legal obligations are up-to-date and reflected accurately in the system
- Coordinate the process of analyzing and responding to proposed legislation
- Develop strong relationships across stakeholder groups and support those groups to manage requests and ensure key deliverables are executed effectively and in an efficient manner
- Lead ad-hoc requests and projects, as needed
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented and energetic individual with very strong leadership, collaborating, influencing, and project management skills
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills and ability to operate comfortably within a complex cultural, global environment
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility, and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
- Demonstrate proven ability to learn quickly, manage projects, and drive/achieve results, while working with minimal direction
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong project management skills; proven ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent, cross-functional areas of a project or projects
- Background in Compliance and/or Financial Services industry meaningful, but not required
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, familiarity with CA Agile Central (Rally) a plus
- Must be a team player with a good sense of humor
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time