American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Data Architect
If you build it right, business will grow.
Our Data Architects know that tapping the true value of data takes more than creating a blueprint and following it; it takes a strategic vision and deep experience. It’s the foundation that supports our company, our business partners and our customers. If creating the framework that’s the envy of the business world captures your imagination, build your career here.
The foundation of what you’ll be doing.
The responsibilities are extensive and complex, but here’s a rough outline.
- Lead development of enterprise and platform-specific data strategies and data architectures
- Take charge of data governance, master data management, metadata management and conceptual data modeling
- Develop platform blueprint strategic directions to that support customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications
- Transform logical data architectures into physical data designs on large or complex system
- Work collaboratively with business and product teams to support changes and implementation
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 10 years of data architecture and database development experience in a professional environment
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of Data Engineers and Data Architects
- Hands on expertise in developing data architecture for applications using a range of database management systems
- Experience with financial systems, in the card payment industry, and of Banking Regulatory compliance requirements
At the core of Data Architecture
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Database Design
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time