Manager/Senior Manager, Analytics & Business Insights - Merchant Marketing, Canada
Global Merchant Marketing (a part of Global Merchant & Network Services - GMNS) is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. Global Merchant Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMNS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate merchant acceptance and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
The Analytics & Business Insights function is a key component of Merchant Marketing that leverages the unique power of our American Express closed loop data to generate meaningful analytics and insights that enable data-driven business decisions, aimed at improving merchant coverage, engagement and retention. The Manager/Senior Manager of Analytics & Business Insights is responsible for driving and managing the analytics agenda end to end in support of the strategic imperatives of Canada’s merchant business.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Applying analytical thought leadership to problem solving
- Assess and diagnose information needs, design and define suitable analytical solutions to generate meaningful insights that address business problems.
- Driving internal and external business consultation
- Engage and consult with a broad range of audience, understand and deliver on projects.
- Leading team resource management
- Manage a team of six data analysts offshore to execute and deliver a wide range of analytics and insights.
- Managing projects and pipeline
- Run and direct multiple projects, control and oversee the prioritization of projects aligned with strategic priorities.
- Exceptional experience in analytics and consulting.
- Strong probing skills with the ability to diagnose needs and create actionable solutions.
- Ability to draw insights from data and link identified insights to strategy.
- Ability to drive results through partnerships.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in order to present complex analytical solutions to a broad range of audience.
- Knowledge and experience with Python, SQL, SAS, Tableau preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time