American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
GRPA Team Leader
This position is responsible for leading a group of 7- 12 GRPA testers who are responsible for conducting account reviews and call assessments to ensure day to day operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, company policies and, procedural adherence. To be able to succeed in this role we are looking for an analytical leader who wants to inspire and encourage this team to develop both as a team and as individuals. The role requires a leader that is self- motivated, self-driven and resourceful to work.
This job plays a critical role in enabling American Express to remain compliant with regulatory requirements and procedural adherence.
- Lead, guide and, provide coaching and feedback daily to his team members.
- Collaborate with their peers and business partners to ensure effective communication and build the best team.
- Collect, organize, track and manipulate data for use in process improvement projects and follow-up. Performs statistical calculations and prepares analysis of it.
- Reviews, on an ongoing basis, processes and procedures, compliance and federal and state regulations for adequate controls.
- Identifies control gaps and solutions that provide value added to business partners and the enterprise.
- Ongoing review and enhancement of policies and procedures for accuracy and clarity in execution.
- To participate in compliance reviews of business units.
- Facilitates calibration sessions with direct reports and other Center of Excellence teams to ensure alignment and surface process gaps.
- Partner with local Market Compliance and Legal to ensure alignment with regulations and related tests.
- Partner with Compliance and Process Owners to establish and follow through on Corrective Action Plans.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bi-lingual skills required (English)
- Leadership experience required, experience leading business analysts preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong relationship with others.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate issues/opportunities to business partners and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a part of a team effort with solid relationship skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Active team player with positive attitude and flexibility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time