American Express Careers
At American Express we aspire to become the world’s most respected service brand. Our values encompass customer commitment, integrity, quality, teamwork, respect for people, good citizenship, will to win, respect for others and personal accountability. As an employee you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. At American Express, you are among the “Best Global Brands”
As the Director of Security, you will be responsible for all Investigations, Security Services, Crisis Management and Executive Protection functions in Australia, Fiji, New Guinea and New Zealand.
In addition, duties will include:
- Manage and maintain effective working relationships at the highest level with various business partners and law enforcement. Personally conduct sensitive investigations as needed.
- Develop process improvements and implement where applicable.
- Lead and inspire staff to overcome obstacles and achieve goals together in a team-based environment.
- Provide advice and assistance on security-related matters to senior business leaders to ensure the safety and security of employees, contractors, vendors and visitors.
- Plan and monitor budget expenses.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision while keeping the Regional Vice President apprised of situations that occur.
- Efficiently handle all emergencies, crises and stressful situations calmly, quickly and professionally
Assume any other duties as directed by the VP Global Security, JAPA Region
- Candidates should have a minimum of 7-10 years combined experience in law enforcement, security management, investigations and people leadership.
- You will have a thorough knowledge and highly developed understanding of Investigations, Security Services, Crisis Management and Executive Protection
- Highly developed investigative and interviewing skills. Must be thoroughly conversant with local prosecutorial guidelines, criminal and privacy laws within area of responsibility. Contribute to the reduction and control of fraud losses.
- College degree, professional certification or equivalent in security-related field.
- On call 24/7/365; must be able to travel within area of responsibility.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong organization, leadership, time management and communication skills to effectively direct security activities in a broad geographic area
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time