American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Marketing Analyst (Associate Product Owner)
Global Member-Get-Member (MGM) is looking for an enthusiastic, technically savvy Associate Product Owner to join our team and contribute to the innovative work that is taking place in our global programme. Member Get Member is American Express’s global acquisition referral programme that taps into the passion our Cardmembers have for the brand and turns it into an acquisition opportunity.
Through MGM, consumers and small businesses can recommend their friends, family and colleagues – the programme engages our Cardmembers, allowing them to unlock true value for their friends with unique enriched offers, while earning rewards for themselves.
At the heart of our referral programme, is a personalised referral link, which is unique to each Cardmember. It is integrated into the Refer a Friend microsite, the American Express Mobile App and other Customer touchpoints, enabling Cardmembers to share the referral link seamlessly through a variety of options. MGM is the fastest growing card acquisition channel for American Express globally and will continue the growth trajectory in 2018, given the strong underlying economics, relative underpenetration of the Cardmember base and significant appetite for investment.
The MGM Experience team is responsible for the front-end Cardmember and Prospect referral journey, and owns and runs these applications is 14 international markets, as well as US – so this truly is a Global role.
The role, which reports into the MGM Experience Team Product Owner, will require you to partner very closely with our co-located Agile technology team - based in Burgess Hill - and local markets on a daily basis, in order to build and launch new product capabilities, manage the MGM intake process, as well as feed into the user design and experience of the channel, as well as the overall roadmap.
Positive attitude, willingness to learn and dedication are all attributes that would sit well in our close-knit product team – as well as proven project management skills.
- Lead the day to day management of the MGM intake process by evaluating requests received from markets and other product teams and allocating them to the correct scrum teams to ensure they are managed efficiently
- Support the product owner in developing user experiences for the global experience alongside our in-house UX design team
- Working with Technology teams in an agile environment to implement changes and launch new capabilities across markets
- Help define and develop user stories to support new market requests and product capabilities and attend agile planning ceremonies
- Align and partner with key business stakeholders in markets to execute end to end program strategy and testing of new capabilities or updates
- Partner with MGM analytics to set-up tests, end-to-end tracking and reporting
- Develop subject matter expertise of the programme and product with the ability to consult partners on best practise, as well as thought leadership of MGM product marketing methodologies
- Product and project management within our continuous-delivery cycle – ranging from short term tactical initiatives, to supporting with long term strategies and iterative feature development.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Extremely organised with a proven ability to manage projects end-to-end
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills, ability to work cohesively with multiple stakeholders and markets
- Ability to multi-task, operate autonomously, and prioritize effectively
- Detail oriented with a strong project management skills & process mindset.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, developing & reviewing user stories and understanding of process flows is preferred
- Previous experience working with Technology teams to deliver new or enhanced products, capabilities or channel expansion initiatives
- Knowledge and experience of using Amex content management and data analytics systems (ACMS, GEM, Omniture) would be advantageous
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A passion for UX design for digital experiences is highly valuable.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time