American Express Careers
Manager/ Senior Manager, Merchant Financing Product Management
Global Commercial Financing (GCF) operates as a FinTech within the broader commercial business, offering a suite of innovative, non-card lending solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. GCF is a major strategic investment for the Blue Box and is expected to accelerate growth. As the largest product in GCF, Merchant Financing will be critical to success in 2018 and beyond. Merchant Financing offers convenient and price-competitive term loans to businesses that accept American Express.
The Product Management team is the general management function for the product; acting as the central hub of numerous cross-functional teams, and responsible for driving growth by defining strategic priorities, setting customer acquisition targets, assessing new opportunities, conducting customer research, and prioritizing investment decisions including technology backlog.
At a high level, this position is responsible for the continuous development and improvement of the Merchant Financing product, and requires an individual who exhibits strategic and conceptual thought leadership, robust product management skills, a strong customer focus, and a desire to challenge the status-quo with this rapidly evolving product. The candidate will be joining at an important time as we embark on a multi-million dollar re-platforming effort. He or she will be given the unique opportunity to redefine the product on the new platform, while maintaining program growth. Join the fastest-moving Product Management team in this high-profile role!
- Analyze and define current customer and business needs with a view to prioritizing customer features;
- Guide the broader re-platforming effort by defining a vision, developing a migration plan, and prioritizing features basis business value;
- Continue to develop the value proposition and positioning of Merchant Financing, relative to other American Express products and competitors
- Develop strategies to maximize the lifetime value of a customer through renewals and referrals, and work with relevant stakeholders to execute on those strategies;
- Become a subject matter expert on customer needs and the broader lending landscape, including developments in the FinTech space;
- Collect and maintain customer and market intelligence, including customer & partner needs, market trends and competitive landscape;
- Drive efficiency and design procedures to support growth, working hand-in-hand with the 80+ members of sales and operations organization; and
- Develop and manage integrated plans to roll out new product features, as well as timelines with major milestones for partner buy-off.
- Strategic, creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to identify customer insights and needs to drive product strategy
- Self-starter who can generate new ideas in white-space and create buy-in for key initiatives
- Ability to effectively influence stakeholders and ability to work across functional areas such as Capabilities, Risk, Technology, Legal, Sales and GMPI;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in product management, development, or marketing is desired and lending experience is a plus
- Comfort in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment;
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time