American Express Careers
Java & ETL Engineer I
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The American Express Finance and Controllership organization has embarked on an exciting journey to modernise its legacy and manual regulatory reporting capabilities. In this role you will be part of a fast-paced, dynamic technology team responsible for delivering high quality technical solution in support of the American Express Finance and Controllership organization across International markets.
- Hands on coding expertise and ability to work and make decisions independently
- Collaborate with product owners and lead engineers to define architecture and design
- Be a change agent and willing to challenge the status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes
- Work with Snr Engineers to evaluate third party products, services and technology
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced degree preferred
- Active engineering experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience
- Hands on experience with Java and ETL tools such as Talend and Informatica required
- An understanding or Big Data would be advantageous
- Proficiency with Redis, Atomic, Cassandra and Oracle DB an advantage
- Experience working within Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development
- An understanding of Financial Regulatory domain and Systems an advantage
- Financial Services experience would be useful but not essential
- Have a strong opinion and yet be humble while defending your technical decisions
- Scrum certification – good to have
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2018, 8:25:26 AM