American Express Careers
Director, Enterprise Content Management System
At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. With our mix of assets like rewards, benefits, and members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
In order to deliver on a seamless and connected customer experience across channels, the Enterprise Digital Platform team is driving the roadmap for the core platform capabilities, the One Amex platform, that will enable this experience across the enterprise globally. We are looking for a Director, Enterprise Content Management System (CMS), who will drive the vision and strategy for the content management capabilities to support the enterprise needs. This role will also deliver the common frameworks and capabilities to support our enterprise navigation and site search capabilities to enable our customers to find what they need in a seamless and effortless manner. This role will be critical in driving the enterprise adoption of the Enterprise CMS by providing the necessary training and education for onboarding using the CMS as well as incorporating the feedback from the various teams into the CMS roadmap.
You’ll work among high performing design, product and engineering teams. We are looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, has an entrepreneurial background and a maniacal focus on driving results.
Does the above sound like you?
- Define and articulate the vision and roadmap for the Enterprise CMS with clearly defined business metrics and targets
- Drive the adoption of the Enterprise CMS platform
- Evangelize best practices for scalable content management solutions
- Understand and apply new trends and industry best practices into requirements
- Collaborate across the enterprise to obtain feedback and evolve the CMS
- Support the user community (both internal and external) through technical and strategy consultations
- Work closely with the technology team to deliver on the CMS roadmap
- Lead a team of product owners
- Bachelor’s Degree (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline is strongly desired
- 5+ years experience in Software Product Management with proven track record in defining winning product constructs and delivering a product roadmap
- Experience with enterprise wide global deployments of Content Management Systems
- Experience with Adobe Marketing Cloud - specifically Adobe Experience Manager a plus
- Strong understanding of Content Management ecosystem - caching, web analytics, targeting, A/B/N testing, performance
- Strong understanding of core front end technologies - HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience with agile and scrum software development methodologies
- Proven track record managing large, complex software projects with multiple stakeholders
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Ability to think creatively
- Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products, a plus
- Experience leading direct reports, a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time