American Express Careers
Senior Engineer (Machine Learning)
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic newly formed Machine Learning team of high performers that is looking to build the next generation platform for democratizing Machine Learning in Amex on the Cloud. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
As a Senior Engineer in our Machine Learning team you will be responsible for creating and delivering technical solutions and capabilities on the platform to support our entire ML-driven application portfolio across the enterprise. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Senior Engineer the successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with peers and technology partners to translate complex user stories into successful product releases. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across through cognitive solutions, this would be the right fit for you!
Your responsibilities would include:
• More than 70%+ of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation of re-usable frameworks to drive adoption of Machine Learning in the Enterprise
• Leading your own project. Suggest, collect and synthesize requirements. Create an effective roadmap towards the deployment of a production-level machine learning application.
· Architecting, estimating and planning technical solutions to problems
• Implement new, highly scalable platform components and tools leveraging machine learning and deep learning models to solve real-world problems in areas such as Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing and Time Series predictions
• Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- [X]+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time