American Express Careers
VP, Technology Operations
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by adoption of leading edge industry solutions to enhance our capabilities in the digital marketplace. The VP, Global Technology Operations is accountable for building and transforming the global delivery model in India across American Express’ servicing capabilities in delivery of the best customer experience. In this role, the VP will execute the follow the sun strategy and focus on driving significant improvements to enterprise incident management, monitoring capabilities, automation, DevOps and platform availability. Additionally, the VP will play a key role in strategy workforce planning and optimization of the global delivery model.
• Lead technology change with excellent strategic and technical thought leadership, and a strong focus on delivering premium customer experience
• Transform the technology operations to leverage the evolving technical landscape to create a world class command center for monitoring and first touch resolution
• Drive operations teams to remediate customer-impacting issues through automation and operational runbook; and revamp our ability to monitor and provide alerts on issues with our applications and business transactions with focus on customer journey
• Ensure that IT systems availability and continued stability by setting strategies and managing the integration and contractual elements of all vendor and/or supplier services.
• Lead a diverse team of high performing individual and partnering with strategic vendors to deliver best in class operations
• Responsible to ensure that the processes executed by the service providers and strategic partners will be done efficiently and efficiently with a seamless integration.
• Work with key stakeholders to drive software solutions that align to strategic roadmaps, prioritized initiatives and strategic technology directions
• Cultivate an environment of engineering excellence and continuous improvement, leading changes that drive efficiencies into existing operations processes
• Attract, retain and grow top engineering talent across the organization, providing guidance, career development and mentorship to team members
• 15+ years of large-scale technology delivery and formal management in a complex environment and/or comparable experience in information management, operations or the payments business
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated ability to provide strategy, vision and business direction.
• Experience managing large teams of 50+ people in a fast paced , complex and dynamic global environment
• Experience in building and managing Enterprise Incident Management processes and Enterprise Monitoring and Management Centers (Network Operations Center, Service Operations Center, Command Center).
• Experience in building and leading follow-the-sun support operations
• Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence at all levels across functions, from both technical and non-technical perspectives alike; able to lead intelligent business and technology conversations with senior leaders
• Strong relationship skills, collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving business problems
• Self-motivated individual who is able to combine exceptional problem-resolution and critical thinking skills with an ability to apply a customer journey lens to operations
• Proven success in influencing across and up the organization to drive change, influence decisions and collaboratively solve problems
• Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
• Strong people leader with proven track record of developing great talent, driving deeper colleague engagement and a clear willingness to continue to improve and grow as a leader
• Demonstrated skills in expense management and meeting financial plans of large budgets in excess of $5MM+
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2018, 7:37:56 AM