American Express Careers
Junior Online Marketing Executive
We’re looking for an online marketer that has the commercial drive and ambition to bring one of the world’s most recognisable brands to a higher level. You think you have what it takes? Apply now and hopefully we can hear all about your ideas soon.
About American Express.
Founded in 1850, American Express is one of the world’s most recognisable brands. With 55,000 people working across 44 countries, we’re a global services company connecting millions of consumers and businesses around the world. Since we are committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand, we continually strive to deliver the best possible service to our customers.
Our Dutch Consumer Marketing team represents all products and services related to our Cards for consumers. Whether owning a proprietary card (an American Express Card) or one of our partnership Cards (Flying Blue – American Express Cards), our card members have access to numerous exclusive benefits. From access to presales of the biggest artists to free room upgrades in hotels, we have their back to ensure they can get most out of their experiences.
About our team.
We sell our cards online, via telemarketing, direct sales and partnerships. As Junior Online Marketing Executive for Consumer Acquisition, you will join our online team in acquiring new Consumer Card members through our digital channels. This fast growing team is expanding and looking for an experienced digital native. You will report to the Online Marketing Manager and collaborate closely with the other Online Acquisition colleagues.
As Jack-of-all-trades you will have the opportunity to develop in various online channels (SEO, SEA, display advertising, social advertising, affiliates, e-mail marketing, conversion optimization or cross & upsell).
What you’ll be in charge of:
- Online acquisition of new card members through performance-based channel management
- (Media) Agency management, budget management and campaign ROI optimisation
- Timely and qualitative delivery of campaigns, from strategy to execution
- Channel analysis & evaluation into actionable growth plans
- Best practice sharing and effective collaboration locally and with relevant international teams as well as external partners
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
- A position in a fast growing, ambitious team, with an open and informal culture
- The chance to work in a dynamic international organisation with exciting career opportunities (domestic and abroad)
- Possibility to have internal and external trainings (e.g. annual NIMA budget) to develop your marketing skills or other professional skills
- One of our iconic American Express Cards, including al the exclusive benefits it offers
- Free gym description
- Employee discount for your lunch at the restaurant
Working at American Express.
As a company whose primary mission is to take care of customers, American Express has created a culture with service at its core. We dedicate extensive resources and effort to satisfying and surprising customers with thoughtful, creative and personalized solutions. You’ll find the same level of personal attention, respect and support for our own people as well. American Express strives to create an environment where people are respected, feel personally and professionally fulfilled, and look forward to coming to work. We empower our people to do the best job possible, while creating a life that’s truly extraordinary. We have also recently been awarded Top Employer 2018, affirming our excellent employee conditions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Passionate about digital performance marketing and constantly looking for new trends in the industry
- 1-2 years work experience in an e-commerce or digital marketing role
- Experience with managing at least two of the following areas: display advertising, retargeting, social advertising, SEA, SEO, affiliate marketing, e-mail marketing, conversion optimisation
- Agency background is a plus
- Self-starter with a hands-on mentality
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate this into action
- Strong commercial drive and a will-to-win
- Effective communication skills (at all management levels) in Dutch and English
- Strong internal and external relationship management
- Bachelor or Master degree in (Online) Marketing, Business Administration or Communications preferred but not essential.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time