American Express Careers
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The candidate should have conceptual:
- Experience deploying and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining a SOA or microservices architecture
- Willingness to learn event-driven architecture
- Exposure to high-availability and fault tolerant systems
- Intrinsic security best practices
- Willingness to contribute towards a positive developer experience
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with either Docker Swarm or Kubernetes; containerization is a plus
- Experience with RHEL/CentOS is required; diverse exposure to various Linux distros is a plus (Alpine, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Experience with Serverless/FaaS is a plus, especially OpenFaaS
- Experience deploying, managing, and tuning message brokers/queues with at least one of ActiveMQ (Artemis), HornetQ, RabbitMQ; AMQP knowledge is a plus
- Exposure to NoSQL administration; MongoDB is a plus
- Experience deploying and managing Elasticsearch; the entire ELK stack is a plus
- Experience deploying and administering Jenkins/Hudson
- Proficient capabilities writing portable scripts in shell, bash, python, etc.
- Experience with DevOps automation; Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is a plus
- Exposure to YAML, JSON, Node.js, Go, Ruby, and/or Java is a plus
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time