American Express Careers
Fraud Account Protection Specialist- SHIELD
Global Fraud Protection Services is searching for strong candidates to be an Account Protection Specialist for the SHIELD team.
The SHIELD Team (Specialized Handling in Establishing Legitimate Data) investigates high risk accounts for Identity Theft and Fraudulent Applications for all products within the American Express portfolio. Individuals seeking these opportunities must be able to effectively listen to the customer, make a connection, acknowledge and empathize when appropriate. In addition to providing direction to the victims of fraud when supporting both inbound and outbound calls, the candidate must also meet production and quality goals. Flexibility will be a key to success, along with the ability to think critically and maintain strong business partner relationships.
The successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Delivering difficult messages to a customer
- Exercising sound judgment in a world that is gray vs. black/white
- Driving innovation and change by "seeing the big picture" vs. just what is in front of you
- Prioritizing and multi-tasking effectively by keeping the nature of the request, the requestor, and all related details in perspective and confidential
- Thinking analytically with strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Being 100% focused on the team's success
2 or more years of Fraud and/or Customer Service experience coupled with the following:
- Ability to articulate a workable solution to the customer on a longer type of call
- Proven success in taking risks to gain efficiencies or improvements
- Ability to navigate in multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer simultaneously
- Proficiency in researching information for business related purposes
- Proven ability to effectively manage change and remain calm in stressful situations
- Above average PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proven strength when assessing the short and long-term effect that all decisions have on constituents and day to day business processes
This position will be located onsite within our service center located at 20022 N. 31st Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027. The hours of operation are seven (7) days a week from 5:00am -6:00pm.
The start date for this position will be August 6, 2018.
This is a full time opportunity where candidates must be flexible to work any shift during business hours.
American Express provides a competitive base pay salary based on experience along with monthly bonus potential.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time