American Express Careers
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced team responsible for developing and delivering products and components focused on application security. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software applications/packages/components focused on application security.
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing.
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Working with product team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience in application design, software development, and testing, preferably in an Agile environment
- Experience with Web Application Development, Java and J2EE technologies is required.
- Experience in Spring (MVC, Data, AOP, Integration, Security) and Spring Boot required.
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Understanding of web services technologies, distributed caches, NOSQL and data structure fundamentals a, plus
- Experience in streaming and messaging system a, plus.
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time