American Express Careers
Sr. Account Protection Specialist
This is a Band 28 requisition.
- This position is responsible for analyzing and reviewing on merchant payments under review due to Risk Scanner and providing excellent service to our valued India Merchants who need assistance.
- Merchant Risk Specialist is expected to utilize worldwide policies and procedures and strive to offer appropriate services or products to customers as well as problems and provide solutions on a customer’s first contact with American Express.
- This role is also responsible to identify the risk related trigger points and to minimize exposure to potential losses.
- As well as the above, the position requires making outbound calls and liaising with other American Express business Units and teams such as GMS/Merchant Processing Team.
- Due to the premium profile of American Express, our customers have very high expectations of our service and this means you need to be able to deal with customers with high service expectations.
- The operating hours for the team is generally between 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday however this can be made rotational in time to come - 24 by 7 per business needs, There is also a requirement for flexibility to be able to work outside of these hours on occasion, to include public holidays.
- Mainly handling merchant payments under review, obtaining supporting documentation from merchant
- Explaining to merchant on the reason for disputes and provide resolution.
- Resolving the customer enquiries end to end with an innovative and creative approach
- Handling a wide range of general and sometimes complex inquiries and problems including account balance, disputes, Building the Business partner relationship with American Express on every call
- Understand, determine and anticipate Business partner needs and present solutions as appropriate
- Ensure all actions and requests are attended to within the Service Level Agreements
- Strong relationship building and management skills
- Actively uphold the Blue Box Values by not engaging in behaviors that do not support our corporate objectives to improve all areas of the service profit chain,
- Adhere to schedules, Adhere to Global Merchant Services policies at all times.
- Required Experience and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and probing skills
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated work ethic
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team to achieve goals
- Proven experience with negotiating/problem solving
- Ability to work within a busy and demanding team environment Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Commitment to the highest level of customer service
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage own priorities
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure in a demanding environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time