Travel & Lifestyle Team Leader – Japan Servicing
Know the way forward. Show the way forward.
In Travel & Lifestyle Services, we pride ourselves on delivering a flawless service, as well as providing a unique and exclusive experience for our Platinum and Centurion Card Members.
Be one of our dynamic Team Leaders and create an engaging, high-performing environment for the Consultants who provide our Premium Card Members with travel and lifestyle services.
You’ll lead, coach and mentor with passion; encourage real commitment to customers; and use your strong leadership and motivational skills to inspire an extraordinary service. One that surpasses expectations and reaches our business goals with outstanding results.
Don’t just inspire followers. Create future leaders.
As a coach and a mentor, you will make a difference in the lives of your team members.
Some of your focus areas are:
· Inspiring your team of Travel & Lifestyle Consultants to deliver strong results and creating the environment for them to be successful
· Providing knowledgeable and consultative coaching and mentoring that is based on your own experiences and expert knowledge of the travel and lifestyle services industry
· Improving your team’s performance in the key areas of delivering customer satisfaction and efficiency in the premium servicing environment
· Confidently adapting to the dynamic contact centre environment and supporting your team through operational change
· Managing your time effectively to be available to your team whilst managing the business needs.
· Building an engaged team through regular career and development activity
What you’ll need to lead our team
• Solid experience in a leadership role
• Native or fluent Japanese speaker – your team are providing servicing in Japanese to our premium customers so your ability to listen to their calls to provide coaching and support is vital.
• Strong consultative coaching skills, and the strength of personality to motivate and inspire your team
• Experience of driving individual and team performance through monitoring and coaching on customer delivery
• A travel or hospitality background would be very useful, especially in a call centre or luxury servicing environment
• The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and continually-evolving circumstances
• Good time management and the organization to effectively prioritize your team’s workloads
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• A high level of customer service experience and commitment is required as you will have regular contact with customers through outbound and escalated calls with card members
• Ability to develop and nurture a team to increase engagement and skills
• Experience of monitoring, reporting and delivering key performance metrics to senior management
• Ability to identify, propose and execute performance improvement initiatives
• A strong appreciation for travel, tourism and luxury products
Our teams work in a 24/7 service centre environment so you will need the flexibility to work within a shift environment
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time