American Express Careers
Director Fraud Risk Management (JAPA)
The International Fraud Risk Management (FRM) organization manages the policies, procedures and systems to control fraudulent use of American Express products and services.
FRM helps enable profitable business growth by reducing the risk of fraud and maintaining our customer’s confidence in the security of our products.
We use both process controls and statistical tools to detect fraud and minimize the disruption of good spending. FRM is also accountable for building the infrastructure to manage the emerging risks associated with e-commerce and internet services.
The position will entail working with the ICS, GCP, GNP, GMS business, operations, legal, compliance, technology, payment consulting group and other cross functional teams to enable profitable growth of the portfolio in the region.
- Lead the end-to-end risk management and development of risk capabilities for Consumer, Corporate in the region.
- Develop business strategies, risk management solutions and drive GNP (Global Network Partner) relationships to reduce Fraud on the AEGNS network.
- Working closely with the Risk Capabilities team Develop and support the implementation of fraud risk management strategies including the design of on-boarding and case setup strategies leveraging a combination of internal, public and partner data.
- Drive insights on portfolio performance trends and effectively manage provision line while identifying portfolio growth opportunities.
- Lead the design and execution of the risk capabilities and servicing strategy required to support new products and assure fraud requirements are incorporated.
- Participate in the negotiation and resolution of escalated platform, customer, and portfolio level issues while providing expert fraud prevention advisory and consultative support to partners.
- Improve merchant satisfaction through deploying tools that reduce fraud charge-backs and improves customer experience.
- Deploy the most effective infrastructure in the industry to control fraud.
- Build the capability and culture to react quickly to prevent financial surprises.
- Build secure controls for ID every customer interaction & design of new products/services.
- Partner with other functional areas and Lines of Business to ensure that fraud risks are assessed when key business decisions are taken (e.g. outsourcing, centralization etc.)
- Create fraud awareness throughout the company.
- Utilize internal cross region best practices and industry knowledge to incorporate feedback to drive continuous Fraud prevention.
- Collaborate with Risk Decision Science team and other groups on integration and implementation fraud risk management Rules and business strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing Fraud prevention cross-functional teams and analytical resources.
- Knowledge of the Fraud drivers during customer life-cycle is a must. (e.g: ID theft, New accounts, Card Present and Card not Present fraud)
- Working knowledge of fraud landscape and emerging fraud trends in the card space.
- Proven experience in deploying AmEx merchant fraud solutions (Safekey, EA,)
- Analyze structured and unstructured Fraud Risk data and translate data into quantifiably and meaningful fraud prevention solutions.
- Understanding of Authorization process and AmEx network to identify any fraud threat and increase customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Caring and thoughtful people leader with demonstrated ability to coach and develop high performing talent. Exceptional ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Proven track record of developing data driven recommendations.
- Strong project manager with demonstrated thought leadership on flawless execution.
- Proven ability to build collaborative, trusting relationships.
- Understanding of payment products, emerging technologies, competitive landscape and regulatory environment is preferred.
- Require SAS, SQL, Microsoft Office experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time