American Express Careers
Marketing Manager, UK Amex Offers
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for driving growth, accelerating coverage and enhancing the value of American Express acceptance to merchants and Cardmembers at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all sizes and while focused on Europe, we also work with commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
The UK is the largest market for GMS Europe and in this highly visible role you will be responsible for the strategic management of the Amex Offers digital marketing platform with the objective of scaling Amex Offers in the UK driving both driving both Merchant and Cardmember engagement.
Leading a team of 3 direct reports, you will have responsibility for:
- Ownership and responsibility for delivering against B2B Amex Offers scorecard, particularly focused on driving Cardmember engagement in the platform.
- Developing and implementing the go to market strategy to scale Amex Offers and ongoing merchant engagement strategy.
- Managing UK offers pipeline and capacity to drive scorecard metrics.
- Working closely with the UK Managed Marketing team, Network Marketing team, and UK Client management team to support them on campaigns that include Amex Offers.
- Supporting the set-up of merchant funded offers.
- Leading the relationship with the Global Marketing Operations, Global information management, and Enterprise Digital and Analytics team to ensure accurate forecasting, offer set ups, and product development.
- Leading the relationship with the UK Consumer and SBS issuers; increasing Cardmember access and deliver strategic joint marketing plans to support business goals.
- Leading and developing third party card linked offers partnerships, managing the relationships with partners to ensure deliver across key Amex metrics.
- Monitoring and analysing Amex Offers platform results - communicating results effectively and ensuring strategy development evolves appropriately.
- Contribute to and influence the development of the digital platform, working with Enterprise Digital and Analytics and key stakeholders across the business to ensure the platform meets the market needs.
- Drive the roll out of key platform enhancements in the UK and engage/educate the merchant-facing teams.
- Managing the utilisation and tracking of marketing funds.
- Rigorous attention to detail around campaign set up, internal governance processes and audits.
- People leadership management.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University Degree (or equivalent) .
- Partnership experience essential
- Previous leadership experience.
- B2B and B2C strategic marketing experience.
- Experience of digital capabilities management and development .
- Proven ability to drive results.
- Passion for marketing, digital marketing and innovation.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time