American Express Careers
Director – IT and Security Risk Advisory
This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Vice President of IT Risk Management and Services. The individual in this role will represent Information Security and IT Risk, facing off to operational risk teams across the enterprise and provide advisory on IT risk and information security matters. Thus, this role requires an individual with demonstrated expertise and experience across technology risk domains, including Information Security, Application Security, Resiliency, Incident Management, and IT governance.
The individual in this role will be part of the Technology Operational Excellence team. The operational risk teams at American Express are embedded within the businesses that they support. As part of their responsibilities they execute operational risk event management and process risk self-assessment.
· Partnering with enterprise-wide Operational Excellence teams on regulatory initiatives that have significant cyber security or IT risk components.
· Partnering across technology on governance and oversight of operational risk metrics
- Partner with the company’s Operational Risk Group on framework enhancement initiatives
- Advise and assist the franchise with ongoing oversight on information security and IT risk metrics, including third party risk, and resilience.
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships across Technology, Operational Risk, General Counsel’s Office (GCO), Internal Audit, Global Banking and franchise teams, working closely with senior leaders and their representatives to ensure appropriate risk management, mitigation and/or elimination while maintaining client support.
Required Experience & Skills:
- 12+ years of relevant professional work experience in Information Security and Technology risk
- Business facing application development experience, desired but not required
- Ability to set priorities, resolve issues, provide guidance and secure engagement and commitment from teams
- Proven management and/or leadership experience
- Proven collaboration skills along with the ability to influence without authority
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and change management skills, as well as solid presentation communication skills (written, graphical, quantitative and verbal
- Exceptional ability to engage, educate, influence and collaborate across the enterprise
- Strong sense of personal accountability and ability to drive results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- CISM or CISSP certifications preferred, not required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time