American Express Careers
Director, Web Portfolio Operations
The American Express Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) organization centralizes many of American Express’s web, mobile and digital partnership development activities and enables the company to leverage digital expertise. We are aimed to drive growth, margin expansion and marketplace differentiation and to accelerate our digital strategy forward. The team develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners.
Within EDA sits the Enterprise Digital Membership Experience team which aims to deliver differentiated digital experiences for our Card Members through the web, mobile and push communication channels. The Web Experience & Products team is looking for the Director of Web Portfolio Operations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall web roadmap, driving the highest strategic enterprise wide programs, leading program increment planning, supporting business partner engagement, enabling transparency and collaboration across product teams, fostering strong relationships with business partners and continuously driving operational excellence.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the team responsible for the overall web roadmap and plan, working across product, design and engineering to ensure efficient and accelerated delivery of features
- Lead strategic operations of the web team, accelerating operational excellence and defining new and improved processes
- Build deep relationships with key business partners, to enable and prioritize their needs while providing transparency into the broader web priorities
- Manage the highest strategic enterprise programs, acting as the key liaison between the business partners and EDME
- Lead with an agile mindset, instilling best practices across teams and driving a continuously improving environment for teams to excel
- Lead quarterly program increment planning across scrum teams and enable best in class scaled agile product delivery
- Partner closely across the mobile, email and push channels to streamline initiatives and proactively identify cross channel opportunities
- Actively participate in the year end investment process and help streamline the business value and needs for the upcoming year
- Proactively anticipate and provide product, engineering and business leaders with information concerning specific business opportunities
- Monitor and measure key performance metrics across features that are being delivered and drive monthly reviews to inform decision making
- 3-4 year’s of experience leading a program management team preferably in the digital space
- You manage stakeholders with compassion, confidence and exceptional clarity with relation to the product strategy and overall mission for our customer
- Demonstrated program management, organization and planning skills applied in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Proven decision making & problem solving capabilities with strong follow up skills and attention to detail
- Advanced understanding of agile, scrum, and project managing an iterative, lean product organization
- Ability to influence without authority and collaborate across all levels and stakeholders within the global organization
- Ability to take initiative and work within ambiguous situations
- Extremely detail oriented, understand how detailed execution can have direct consumer facing impact
- Experience leveraging tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Excellent executive presence and ability to manage upward
- Strong sense of integrity and ability to deal with issues and subject matter in ways that requires considerable sensitivity, discretion and judgment
- SAFe certification a plus with experience in digital product ownership
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time