American Express Careers
Global New Accounts- Customer Care Professional - French
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global New Accounts is a diverse, multicultural and dynamic department servicing nine key European markets within the 1 John Street Brighton Hub. With a prime focus on delivering extraordinary customer service in all that we do, we are tasked with ensuring that the first experience customers have with American Express is one that demonstrates the principles of Relationship Care, whilst instilling trust, loyalty and most importantly security. GNA offers a competitive Pay for Performance incentive programme for both temporary and permanent employees.
- Providing an exception level of customer service through both Inbound and Outbound telephone activity with customers
- Optimizing Relationship Care to ensure a connection with our customers - Shaping/driving conversations to ensure content is relevant and beneficial
- Processing of charge/credit card applications for new or existing customers through a number of internal systems (Global New Accounts decisioning platforms (GNA) and servicing portal (NASP), Globestar)
- Understanding all relevant Risk, Compliance and Fraud criteria and ensuring they are strictly adhered to
- Taking ownership of customer queries received via email and actioning correspondence received via fax/post
- Liaising with potential prospects Bank’s or Employee’s to perform additional verification as required (Market Specific)
- Continuously seeking out new processing opportunities that could drive automation and ultimately improve customer satisfaction (Process Excellence)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Fluent in French: Read, spoken, written
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Proven experience of delivering ‘above and beyond’ customer service with an understanding of the core Relationship Care principles
- Ability to take control of difficult calls to ultimately provide FCR (First Contact Resolution)
- Effective and accurate decision-making skills
- High degree of accuracy and ability to multi task
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time