American Express Careers
HR Generalist for CEE Market (CEE Market HR Head) - maternity cover
Our Market HR Manager is the CHRO of the CEE market (Poland, Czech Republic and Hungary) consisting of 80 employees and operates under the simple premise that people are our most valuable resource. He/She is responsible for partnering to all business leaders, enabling Market – wide business success and enhancing the employee experience to drive business outcomes.
The Market HR Head has to ensure American Express values come to life as One AXP through our behaviours and infrastructure in a manner that is consistent with our brand, and to act as the guardian of our culture and coach the market senior leadership. He/She owns the creation and execution of the Market Employee Plan and leads the One AXP approach to deliver the change agenda locally, be it strategic, structural or programme level change. He/She also represent the face of HR externally in the market (e.g. through external boards / regulators).
The Market HR Head is accountable for owning the quality of the talents in the market being the architect of the Talent Strategy, and driving business priorities resulting in local talent planning actions such as segmented skills gap analysis, targeted development talent moves and solving for ready now talent.
The Market HR Head, enables country performance by optimizing the organisation within the country as defined by the business and growth agendas and drives the market wide development and engagement agendas.
The Market HR head is responsible for ensuring that the Market HR and Employee Relation operations within that location are mission capable - delivering on the organisation’s needs. He/She is also responsible for leadership of virtual HR administration support team and for compliance with local regulations and audits (i.e. HR H&S activities).
Inspiring success is more than a job, it’s a calling that builds the culture of American Express.
Not just a workplace, but a place people want to work.
Leading HR on CEE market, there are plenty of opportunities to make your mark on people and life at American Express. Focusing on our four key objectives of Talent Leadership, Change Leadership, Performance Leadership and HR Effectiveness here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Leading the execution of all people processes including but not limited to Talent Reviews/Sharing, Succession Planning and Diversity Initiatives.
- Leading and executing a Market specific talent management strategy resulting in actions, such as targeted development talent moves
- Developing and executing the talent strategy for Middle Management roles in the Market, with the support of COEs and HRBPs as needed
- Interpret and present HR data to offer strategic insight into talent performance solutions and measure the results of all implemented initiatives
- Acting as a talent broker for local and cross-market talent moves, in partnership with HRBPs
- Supporting Top Management talent review process to provide input to the HRBPs and COEs
- Identifying the collective development needs of the Market through talent reviews, leadership insights and employee feedback
- Creating a development strategy for the broader employee base as well as specific plans for addressing the needs of the high potential talent in Market using centrally created solutions
- Partnering with the global COEs to ensure the global strategy is inclusive of Market needs
Employee Engagement & Advocacy
- Developing and executing Market engagement agenda considering feedback from the Employee Annual Survey
- Partnering with Business Leaders to ensure an effective employee experience across the employee lifecycle, providing thought leadership across the market
- Representing the voice of employees and the needs of the Market
- Ensuring area/site compliance with HR policies, local workforce laws and regulations
- Managing and supporting change and transformation effectively presenting and communicating to the key stakeholders
- Supporting a strong employment brand for American Express in the Market, working with business leaders, COEs and external partners
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for a challenge?
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Demonstrable experience in HR Generalist, Specialist or Talent focused role with a broad knowledge of HR practices (5+ years)
- Experience in managing complex Polish Employee & Labor Relations initiatives (5+ years) plus knowledge/experience of other markets, especially Czech and Hungarian highly valuable
- Experience within a large international corporate, fast paced environment
- Ability to build effective relationships and provide consultancy and advice to senior business stakeholders to add value and enhance services
- Business Acumen and ability influence in a matrix organisation
- Excellent project management skills with the proven ability to lead and deliver large scale projects and initiatives
- Outcome oriented approach
- Self-managed with hands-on mindset
- Customer orientation and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time