The Enterprise Customer Marketing Platforms team acts as the central business owner of the eligibility, targeting and delivery systems leveraged both within the US and across international markets to engage local customers. The responsibilities of the group to manage both the legacy and point of arrival platforms are increasingly becoming more critical given the pace of digital transformation occurring both inside and outside of American Express marketing.
We are looking to hire a Manager with dual responsibilities to function both as a product owner and program champion. Product ownership will entail defining product visions, creating roadmaps and driving the evolution of global marketing platforms. The Program Champion will transcend individual products and will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of high priority initiatives across the organization.
This role is an opportunity to step in and drive a significant change management agenda focused on the capabilities that underpin marketing offers and communications. This Manager will partner closely with lines of business, global marketing partners, technologies & other product owners to lead strategy & deliver on the next generation of data, targeting and delivery capabilities.
This position will be defining and leading the future of marketing capabilities to deliver the right offer to the right cardmember at the right time. They will also have responsibility for striking a balance between how we maintain and enhance our existing marketing capabilities while migrating to the next generation of capabilities.
• Product owner for shaping strategic decisions and executing the marketing capabilities roadmap.
• Converting a roadmap into clearly defined and actionable business needs and requirements.
• Partnering with a large number of diverse internal stakeholders across multiple lines of business and functional groups to meet key project launch milestones.
• Deploy best in class technology and process innovations that deliver top line strategy and enhance the customer experience
• Influence, problem solve and prioritize as required to facilitate deployment.
• Manage and prioritize the development queue and associated budget.
• Contribute strategic insights & forward thinking ideas to evolve the vision.
• Undergraduate Degree required
• Experience with Agile project management techniques
• Experience acting as a product owner or process owner and managing projects from inception to implementation.
• Proven ability to partner with internal technology teams and external vendors.
• Strong understanding and passion for trends in digital marketing, social, location and mobile based media.
• Strong understanding of systems architecture along with a focus on the customer experience.
• Demonstrated strategic vision & ability to drive results in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Strong intellectual curiosity, attention to detail and the ability to innovate.
• Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, collaborating and influencing skills to manage large, cross functional projects.
• Ability to travel as required.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time