American Express Careers
Business Development Executive, Melbourne
Are you results driven, energetic sales professional looking for your next challenge?
Are you looking to join a large global organization that can give you career development and excellent employee benefits?
Do you want to work with a highly successful and diverse team and be part of one of the world’s most respected service brands?
If this sounds like you, then your next career opportunity, is waiting for you within our Corporate Payments team at American Express. We are looking for Business Development Executives, who will be responsible for driving acquisition within an exciting growth area of our business.
This is a great opportunity to join our Corporate Middle Market Segment for someone who has a strong background in sales and is keen to take the next step in their career with a market leading global brand.
As an employee you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. At American Express, you are among the “Best Global Brands”.
American Express’ Global Corporate Card group markets our Corporate Card, and other payment products to mid-size, large and global companies. Successful Sales Executives in this division are leaders in the marketplace, managing the end to end sales process and passionate about providing a premium level of service to our corporate clients.
- Dealing with organisations that have up to $50 Million in annual turnover
- Providing American Express expense management solutions to companies through understanding the prospects business, identifying potential opportunities and introducing our services
- Building strong connections and engaging with new and existing clients predominantly over the phone
- Selling corporate solutions to clients across a variety of industries
- Coordinating with internal teams to deliver on the promise
At American Express we aspire to become the world’s most respected service brand. Our values encompass customer commitment, integrity, quality, teamwork, respect for people, good citizenship, will to win, respect for others and personal accountability.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
· Consultative selling experience (proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals)
· Proven ability of hunting new business
· Excellent oral and written communication, relationship building experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
· Ability to engage and gain commitment effectively across all communication platforms (via telephone, email & face to face)
This is a phone based sales role which will offer you career development, the chance to build your consultative selling skills as well as working towards realistic and achievable sales targets.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time