American Express Careers
Compensations and Benefits Manager, Special Projects – Defined Benefits- 6 month contract
This position, in the APAC Compensation & Benefits team, will take accountability for leading a special project to review the Defined Benefit Superannuation plan in Australia.
Reporting to the Director, Compensation & Benefits APAC, you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of the special project.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing a project plan with clear time lines in partnership with the third party Superannuation provider
- Liaise closely with the Superannuation provider to ensure the project is delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Partner with multiple stakeholders including C&B Leadership, Market HR, ER, Finance, GCO to ensure alignment at key stages of the project
- Track progress, report and escalate issues as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Liaise with Finance to ensure costs related to the project are charged appropriately
- Be the central point of contact for employee queries and manage conversations appropriately
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Sound understanding of Superannuation system and Defined Benefit plans
- Exceptional relationship skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and influence senior leaders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving approach
- An ability to think creatively and innovate
- Advanced project management skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time