American Express Careers
Team Leader - Operations (US CEN)
- Motivate, Collaborate and Inspire
- Deliver tailored, inspirational and effective coaching to CCPs.
- Hold regular sessions to observe individual performance and provide honest and actionable feedback through one-on-one sessions.
- Inspire and motivate team members to have a passion to serve.
- Create an environment in which colleagues feel their contributions are valued in extraordinary customer service.
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help colleagues maximize their performance.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and colleague satisfaction.
- Participate in the selection, training and development of high performing and highly engaged team members.
- Lead and maintain colleague satisfaction and engagement by using available reward and recognition tools.
- Lead by example, promoting Blue Box Values, behaviors and encouraging an effective and positive work environment.
- Challenge your team to ‘raise the bar’ and drive continuous improvement.
- Build talent pipeline by identifying colleagues with high potential for succession planning and coaching.
- Follow up on requests by leaders, peers and direct reports consistently.
- Encourage team members to own first resolution of service issues and provide the necessary coaching.
- Encourage risk-taking and empowerment within the agreed process and standards to address customer needs.
- Analyze, Communicate and Innovate
- Analyze metrics and any issues that could affect achievement of service levels immediately.
- Analyze performance management data, and identify opportunities to further drive customer satisfaction, service levels, sales point rate, average handling time, profitability, schedule adherence, etc.
- Monitor customer servicing calls, and identifying opportunities to ensure flawless servicing.
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services.
- Ensure compliance for all processes and policies.
- Analyze skills and abilities to identify individual strengths and opportunities to develop action plans.
- Plan, and prepare for daily coaching activities to develop and motivate individuals.
- Continually develop skills required for leadership effectiveness, and seek opportunities to learn from peers.
- Communicate current state of the business regularly and help the team to understand departmental priorities and the impact of these on their role.
- Foster open communication by conducting regular meaningful team meetings/huddles to share success and challenges.
- Use communication and role modeling to ensure all team members understand clearly what behaviors are required to provide extraordinary customer care.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Monthly Incentives – Based on customer experience (not sales), so you get rewarded for doing what you do best.
- Extensive paid 3 Months Training – Giving you the skills and training you need to be a success!
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 7 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following:
Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold)
Best In House Contact Center (Gold)
Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold)
Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold)
Join us and you’ll soon see why.
- A natural and inspirational coach - a proven motivator of people.
- A passion for, and experience, in the delivery of premium customer service.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions quickly.
- Demonstrates superior communication/interpersonal skills.
- Effective mediator.
- Creative and dynamic thinker.
- Proven ability to drive improvements in team performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- People leadership experience preferred.
- Experience in a contact centre environment.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time