American Express Careers
Manager - Operations (US) CEN
- Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Service Delivery Leader (also known as Manager of Operations) will lead a team of 3 team leaders & 45 customer care professionals with the vision to provide the world’s best customer experience every day, deepen the relationship with our US consumer card members through value generation, and maintain an effective operations control environment.
- Own the department’s strategic imperatives and coordinate colleague focus groups to drive engagement and overall satisfaction.
- Monitor on a continuous basis leading key performance indicators of performance such as customer satisfaction (Recommend-to-Friend scores), efficiency (Customer Handling Time), operation excellence (operating expenses, absenteeism & colleague attrition) & compliance. Secondary metrics need to be kept on check as well, such as productivity (Service Levels, non-value-added time), quality & other operational hygiene.
- Provide coaching and feedback that leads to achieving servicing metrics and goals.
- Facilitate professional development and career progression.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve operational effectiveness, challenge the status quo, remove obstacles, and champion change.
- Achieve optimal productivity through managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identify and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensure surprise-free operations delivery and thereby achieving and exceeding business targets and goals.
- Develop and implement quality standards, apply compliance / control in all activities of the department to ensure quality services are delivered to customers.
- Motivate staff and leaders in the group to deliver at optimal levels – ensure high levels of colleague satisfaction and retention in a high growth industry.
- Serve as department conceptual leader for initiatives, which impacts all team leaders & team members.
- Provide leadership insight in process improvement / excellence initiatives.
- Ensure the focus of the department goals and objectives is consistent with the values of American Express.
- Be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with identified stakeholders; ensure timely execution of plans.
- Maintain, liaise and communicate with all levels of management and departments within and outside the company.
- Network with external linkages to obtain market information and keep abreast of the market trends.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Monthly Incentives – Based on customer experience (not sales), so you get rewarded for doing what you do best.
- Extensive paid 3 Months Training – Giving you the skills and training you need to be a success!
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 7 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following:
Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold)
Best In House Contact Center (Gold)
Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold)
Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold)
Join us and you’ll soon see why.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Total work experience of approximately 10 years, with 2 to 5 years as a Manager, and significant exposure to call center and customer service.
- Premium customer service experience with direct people management experience.
- Proven high performer in previous job roles.
- Ability to understand cultural differences and provide coaching and input to team leaders to ensure appropriate market customer treatments.
- Ability to create a highly committed work environment where people are motivated and encouraged to achieve best results through empowerment and development.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate a multi-regional LOB in order to solve problems, soft skills & technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal / verbal & written communication skills.
- Must have strong leadership skills with emphasis on ability to influence others without direct authority, able to collaborate and influence at all levels.
- Analytical thinking skills to assess impacts, draw correlations and linkages.
- Strong relationship and networking skills to drive results across all business groups.
- Strong follow-up and follow-through skills to drive outcomes.
- Strong Presentation and Project Management skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft applications such as MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Proven change agent, self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to drive results under tight timelines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, with the ability to work independently and prioritize to work to meet all timelines.
- Proven history of implementing development and action plans to aid in growing team member skills to drive results. Provide coaching and developing at the team leader and
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time