American Express Careers
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast growing business. The Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) team within GCS, is instrumental in leading data driven insights to elevate Customer engagement, accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth for the organization.
The Analyst position within the Global Data Strategy and Insights (DS&I) organization offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization. The incumbent reporting to the Manager of DS&I International, will play a critical role in supporting the development of growth and analytic strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working alongside senior leadership with GCS.
The incumbent will enhance business decision-making process by providing insightful and analytical recommendations using data across International org’n to drive growth, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. The individual is also responsible for supporting global standardization efforts, develop and implement process improvements, drives automation to gain efficiencies across core activities and functions.
- Creation of senior leadership reporting, data analysis, planning and performance measurement
- Manipulate multiple data (broken) to create different views across international markets
- Consult and collaborate with DS&I leadership and teams, and internal business partners (I.E. Finance), to analyze and collaborate on strategic business initiatives to drive performance and profitability across International Sales and Account Development
- Performing analytics, predictive models on international data and support growth initiatives
- Performing complex analysis to provide key summaries and recommendations by manipulating broken data
- Be strategic and able to identify opportunities to initiate analysis that creates a positive impact on business
- Liaising with regions and supporting teams in India to deliver/create International View and Performance Analysis functions for Intl and Global Currency Solutions
- Strong Strategic & Analytical Thinking: Require extensive analytical experience to support DS&I Manager and Business in reviews and special projects. Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link data into information that supports business strategies to specific initiatives. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Change management: Be an agent of change, ability to initiate and adapt to change. Provides solutions to address business transformation, strategic alignment, technology implementation and culture change. Incorporate risk mitigation planning/execution.
- Communication and Build relationships: Ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences/levels within the organization. Ability to communicate outcome to stakeholders highlighting data findings that convert into actions
- Growth Mindset: Will to make things happen and go above and beyond. Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set of initiatives that result in transformational outcomes
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment. Strong teamwork required with their colleagues and other teams, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong work ethic with an will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience with an Econometrics/Actuary Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management tools (I.E. SFDC, other)
- Advanced statistical software programming and models (I.E. SAS, SQL, HIVE, Python) or equivalent
- Experience in Tableau and Big Data
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines, eye for detail
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time