American Express Careers
Data Engineer - Cryptographic Utilities and Services
- Mid-level professional and technical role.
- The ability to translate verbal and written requirements into actionable designs.
- Design and Implement data storage for enterprise data protection solutions, including schema design and tool selection.
- Design & Programming to collect, encrypt and store enterprise data at high volumes and low latencies.
- Asset Management responsibilities including providing standards for data storage and working with external groups to implement the standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a hands-on understanding of modern data storage systems (Oracle, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis, etc.).
- Must have hands-on knowledge of Schema design and performance tuning for these systems.
- Working knowledge of analytics tools like: HBase, Hive, Giraph, Hadoop, Mahout, Kafka, Pig, Mesos, Spark and Storm.
- Programming skills such as Python, R, and SQL, Java, C/C++, and C#.
- Experience with CI/CD, Agile Concepts and working in Scrum or Kanban teams, Test Automation
- Familiarity with Microservices based architecture.
- Familiarity with Cloud Solutions.
- Experience with REST, SOAP, GraphQL
- Experience with high performance enterprise systems.
- Holds a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least 7 – 10 years of industry experience, preferably in the Financial Services, Healthcare and/or other regulated sectors.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time