American Express Careers
Director - Event and Digital Production
- Trusted advisor and key point of contact for Corporate Affairs & Communications colleagues who support Executive Committee members for all production matters related to their large-scale internal and external meetings, such as town halls, sales meetings, senior management meetings and select customer events.
- Provides expert counsel to leaders and their teams on how to shape and execute their creative vision for town halls and other events, including elements such as show flow, videos and stage sets.
- Provides counsel and support to CA&C colleagues in the production and distribution of digital content for a range of channels, including internal and external websites, social media channels press events, etc.
- Leads a team of contractors and ensures the smooth production of executive town halls and events, from ideation to project planning to event set-up, show running and breakdown.
- Identifies and manages freelancers and third-party vendors that supply A/V and other equipment and personnel for each event.
- Manages internal video production studio.
- Counsels senior executives on best practices for video creation and on effective on-camera performance.
- Works closely with Technology colleagues to ensure proper distribution of content to multiple locations through channels such as video streaming and on fixed equipment needs, such as consoles and auditorium monitors.
- Prepares and manages budgets totaling approximately $2 million annually and oversees invoice reconciliation.
- This position requires a high level of creativity, direct production experience, strong organizational and communication skills, proven leadership, sound judgment and the flexibility to deal with the many details associated with running complex, high-level meetings and events.
- Approximately 10 years of experience working on event and video production support in an internal corporate communications group and/or agency environment providing production support to large companies
- Excellent client management skills and customer focus
- Direct experience working with senior executives and leading people
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to best-in-class standards, and to work collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues across businesses, functions and locations
- Familiarity with the technology and equipment needs for large-scale meetings and events
- Experience in producing high-impact digital content for websites and social media channels.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time