American Express Careers
Collections Advisor - Sunrise, FL
Global Credit Network
The Collections Advisor supports our Special Customer which is our niche segment, this role is based in our Sunrise, FL Service Center. This elite group of Collections Advisors are tasked with the responsibility of servicing American Express’ premium customer base consisting of high value, high spend and prominent Card members. The primary objectives of the Collections Advisor is to Enable Spend while minimizing risk (reduce probability) and Collecting past due, high balance amounts (more than 30k). The Collections Advisor is tasked with the critical responsibility of collecting on accounts with a due in full balance of $30,000.00 or greater and making quality decisions on all card member cases.
As a Collections Advisor here is some of what you’ll do in our contact center:
Provide excellent customer service to our entire Card Member base, which includes prominent Individuals, high balance and Centurion Card Members.
Deliver results by being proficient in utilizing a variety of analytical tools and negotiation strategies in order to skillfully reduce credit losses and enable spend.
Build meaningful relationships by using a consultative approach to educate our card members on payment options
Offer custom solutions and negotiate a positive outcome for the Customer and American Express.
· Experience in Credit/Collections, Billing, Sales or Customer Service
· Strong customer focus with the ability to have detailed and intelligent financial discussions with Card Members
· Excellent analytical, negotiation and decision making skills
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Demonstrate personal excellence including punctuality, integrity and accountability
· Ability to demonstrate sensitivity and compassion in a difficult situation
· Ability to work nontraditional schedules/shifts
· Proven ability to drive strong results in effectiveness and efficiency
· Must have ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Location: Sunrise, FL office location
· Must be able to attend required classroom and OJT training period (up to 120 days) including certification of Special Customer job knowledge
· Ability to work non traditional shifts including weekends and evenings
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time